Regular gynecologic exams are an important part of every woman's health. Annual gynecologic exams should start after puberty and continue throughout adulthood.
When you choose Novant Health Randolph Family Medicine for your primary medical care, you can receive gynecologic care along with your annual physical exam. You can also rely on our office for help with gynecologic issues including urinary tract infections, yeast infections and birth control needs.
An annual gynecologic exam includes:
- A breast exam to detect any lumps or abnormalities.
- A pelvic exam to detect any abnormalities.
- A Pap smear (Pap test) to detect abnormal cells before they spread or become cancerous.
- Time to discuss birth control options or concerns.
- Time to address period symptoms or concerns.
- Time to discuss concerns related to menopause or hormone changes.
If you become pregnant, you will be referred to an obstetrician for your prenatal care. You will have access to some of the most qualified, experienced obstetricians in the Charlotte area through the Novant Health network.